Twitter threads to save
https://twitter.com/QuinnyPig/status/1385366079937994754 Career Advice From My Own Experience 🧵
So once upon a time I worked in a shop where the ops folks were divided into two teams.
AppOps, which handled the care and feeding of the application the company ran, and SysOps, which handled maintaining the Linux servers.
https://twitter.com/QuinnyPig/status/1440455580968128520 Today’s thread is about normalizing asking more experienced folks whether or not the thing you’re facing from your new / prospective employer is actually normal. It’s geared at new entrants to the workforce / tech.
And now, “Lies This Industry Told Me.”
https://twitter.com/QuinnyPig/status/1436129343399346184 So an anonymous Twitter person DM’d me this morning with a scenario. “I work at a large cloud company that makes inscrutable naming decisions, and I have an offer elsewhere for 35% more. Should I take it?”
Oh good heavens yes. A thread…
- I made $38,172 of side income as a creator in the last year.
- Here’s everything I learned.
- One of the coolest tools for finding your audience.
- It shows a mind-map of related subreddits to help you find new niches.
- https://anvaka.github.io/map-of-reddit/?x=143612.02010424045&y=294741.0767518047&z=277782.7365761305 - subreddit map
https://twitter.com/mikeindustries/status/1316422739519971328 https://twitter.com/amyjokim/status/1317093275119964165?s=21 https://twitter.com/newsycombinator/status/1317073421902163968?s=21
https://twitter.com/insiderphd/status/1396558474591485955 https://twitter.com/codingo_/status/1394276284889370625 https://twitter.com/x0dium/status/1394481901709127683